Let our professional dental hygienist clean your teeth and gums and cure bad breath and halitosis. We are here to help!
Teeth Cleaning with Karen Bellis our Dental Hygienist.
A good daily dental hygiene routine will ensure your teeth and gums are rid of the daily build up of plaque and tartar whilst regular dental hygienist appointments for teeth cleaning here at Church House Dental Clinic will remove the plaque and tartar in those harder to reach places to prevent cavities, gingivitis, and gum disease.
Gum disease and tooth decay is the most common global disease affecting every family. Over 80% of cavities occur inside pits and fissures on chewing surfaces where brushing cannot reach food left trapped after every meal or snack and saliva or fluoride have no access to neutralize acid and re-mineralize demineralized tooth. This is why regular appointments with our dental hygienist is so beneficial; our hygienist can reach all the places that the common toothbrush cannot!
Our dental hygiene appointments provide:
- An examination to look for any inflammation, bleeding and plaque or calculus build up.
- Scaling & polishing to remove all plaque and calculus with a variety of the latest equipment and soon to come…… the latest air polishing which fires a jet of air, water and sodium bicarbonate at your teeth to remove debris and polish the surface.
- Daily dental hygiene advice and routine to ensure you can maintain those areas visibly accessible on a day to day basis in between dental hygiene appointments and ensure long term problems caused by poor dental hygiene remain at bay.
- Our dental hygienists can help with halitosis treatment too, this can be a common result of poor dental hygiene.
Your daily dental hygiene routine:
Follow this simple routine for a perfect daily dental hygiene routine.
Toothbrushes, mouthwash, flossing ribbon, tepes and tongue scrapers are all available from our practice.
- Brush your mouth morning and night, concentrating on all areas of your teeth and gums.
- Use an electric toothbrush for maximum cleaning effect.
- Some patients can benefit from a good mouthwash at a different time than brushing.
- Daily flossing helps to remove plaque and tartar in between your teeth.
- We recommend a tongue scraper to remove any debris on your tongue.
- And of course a regular dental hygiene appointment with our dental hygienist to remove plaque and tartar from those hard to reach areas.
Please find below a short Tepe demonstration video.